Keeping it Real (Grateful Dead)

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Right Now I'm Listening To....

9/18/87 MSG. I just got a pair of Grado HF-1 headphones, and they're great. They are the first headphones I've had that make it easy for me to immediately differentiate between a lossless file and a commercial-release-quality Mp3. When you can hear the difference, Mp3's are a bummer. Trade and burn lossless everyone! :-)

Does anyone else feel that the bass is always way too low in the Soundboards? I never felt like it was at the shows. Earlier I was listening to Rob Eaton's Audience of 4.13.84, and the sound is great. In my opinion the biggest difference between a good audience and a soundboard is the life of the bass in an audience. It's amazing, and for this reason alone I think I prefer a good audience to a soundboard.

There are just my thoughts at present, subject to change as time goes on! :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger ilikemonkeys said…

    Great blog bro.

    It's nice to see a real audiophile that has GOOD taste in music.

    so, which do you prefer? Grado or Senn for live GD shows?

    BILL

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger spinneresque said…

    Bill, the jury is still out!

    :-)

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://cgi.ebay.com/LIMITED-EDITION-Grado-HF-1s-NIB_W0QQitemZ9719497314QQcategoryZ40138QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    GRADO HF-1 NIB GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GO TO EBAY (US) AND TYPE GRADO IN THE SEARCH BAR...
    SCROLL DOWN UNTIL YOU SEE THEM LISTED..
    GRADO HF-1's man!!! SWEET! NEW IN BOX!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home