Keeping it Real (Grateful Dead)

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

And Now it's...

11/14/73. What a great sounding soundboard! But again, I have to turn up the bass in EQ to be satisfied. Even in the old days the bass was too low in the mix? Maybe I'm just a basshead. (Well, I am.)

Update: In this particular case, I think the problem was my headphones, because I just switched to Sennheiser HD414 pads and the bass sounds just fine without EQ. Unfortunately I think I still like the overall sound of the bowl pads better! They are still new so maybe things will change as the burn-in continues.....

The arguments about the Archive are dying down, but the sadness will remain. This is one I got from there. The sound is really amazing, especially for a '73.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger ilikemonkeys said…

    do you ever BT?

    The shows are still out there, you just have to know where to get them. I'm not a huge fan of all the critics of the GD today. It makes me a little sad to see the fans get upset after 40 years of free tape trading.

    maybe you could post a list of the most frequented Live show BT sites?

    etree
    themusicneverstopped
    thetradersden
    etc....

    I've been cataloging the 70's for a long time, but only SBD's.

    Have you ever heard any of the "Sick Bits" matrix shows? F'n incredible.

    happy listening!

    B

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home